First real attempt at PP

melrose09

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
GIMP finally decided to cooperate today, so I decided to learn how to use it! :) I thought that the property owners were going to yell at me, but they didn't. I guess it wasn't that weird for me to be looking at the truck since it was for sale.

Before:

_IGP2015.jpg

After:

truck.jpg

C&C PLEASE! I need to learn how to do this stuff

The B&W conversion looks okay...image could use some sharpening.

How did you do the B&W conversion?

i would suggest playing with the levels a bit, the image looks a bit gray... a bit more contrast would make it pop a bit more...

Agree with above, its a tad dull, but not bad overall. You seem to have done a good job cloning out some distracting elements. I would however like to see the truck less centered.

The B&W conversion looks okay...image could use some sharpening.

How did you do the B&W conversion?

I just totally desaturated it. so basically, it IS just grey :puke:. Is there a better way? UGH! I'm being the annoying noob :( Sorry! Computers and I are not typically the best of friends, but we're working on it ;)

thanks so much for the C&C...I've learned so much in the past month!

Hikinmike, you are awesome! :) I'm going to fiddle with the channel mixer. I think that looked the best, IMO. I'll post the results either later on today or tomorrow. (I really need to stop messing around on here so much and get serious about my job hunting!)

Hikinmike, you are awesome! :) I'm going to fiddle with the channel mixer. I think that looked the best, IMO. I'll post the results either later on today or tomorrow. (I really need to stop messing around on here so much and get serious about my job hunting!)

I don't know about awesome, but thanks!

I generally use Channel Mixer too, but I just used the plug-in because it was faster.

You can also desaturate it a little without taking all of the color out of it. Something like this.

truck1.jpg

Last edited:
inTempus...I loves it! :) I've been messing with GIMP for the last little bit and it's getting fun! I like that 1/2 desaturated look a lot, I'm finding :)

inTempus...I loves it! :) I've been messing with GIMP for the last little bit and it's getting fun! I like that 1/2 desaturated look a lot, I'm finding :)
I'm glad you like it, I'm a fan of the partially desaturated look myself. It goes well with this pic I think.

There are a bunch of ways to convert a color image to B&W. In Photoshop CS4 there is an adjustment layer just for that purpose.

That's what I used. I did some removal of distracting elements too but felt the car in the background was appropriate and I gave it a kind of aged look:

BEdit_IGP2015.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back