First shots with SX10

Discussion in 'Photography Beginners' Forum' started by blondie621, Jun 27, 2009.

1. blondie621

blondie621 TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]
    My zoom test!
    [​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 27, 2009
  2. Weaving Wax

Weaving Wax TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    The horizon is off in the first one.

3. Sirene

Sirene TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Love the squirell and his big belly.

4. blondie621

blondie621 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

Good eye, never even noticed that! Thanx!;)

5. Hermie

Hermie TPF Noob!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Wow.

I've been considering the SX10 for a while now, but I've been debating whether or not to go right into DSLRs, since if I get one camera, I won't have enough money to get another for quite some time.

These are definitely some impressive shots.

Have you been having any trouble with the auto-focus? That's also a worry of mine for close-ups.

6. 45mphK9

45mphK9 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Ahhh - I love the squirrel picture! The rose is very appealing too. The only thing on the rose picture I would change is the thing off to the right - I think it is a lantern. It doesn't add anything to the pic & is a bit distracting from the beauty of the rose. If you have photoshop I would crop out the cabel in the sign photo. Also either straighten it or tilt it even more. As is, is not terribly exciting. As for the beach pic - the first thing I notice are the colors. Good job. Again, its slightly tilted - your beach goes up hill. I know you can't always control these things, but the picture would be so much better without the trash cans & beach sign.

Overall - enjoyable.

7. blondie621

blondie621 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Everything about this camera I just love. Coming from an A630 and shooting in just the Auto/Mode for almost three years is a challenge for me with the SX10 IS. I have been studying the manual and exploring some of the settings out of Auto! It seems to focus incredibly. I can 20X zoom and get an nice crisp shot! It took me 6 months of research, reading all over the internet and finally deciding this camera had everything I wanted and more. The reg. batteries (which was what I also wanted) should last 6 months if you get the right ones. They are Energizer Lithium (silver ones)(number on the batteries is 2021) They are 10 bucks for a 4 pack. I buy two packs at a time so I have them for the year. Amazon has the best price on the camera right now...no tax, free shipping! Again, auto-focus works great!

8. blondie621

blondie621 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    Wow! You have an incredible photographers eye as do most ecperienced photogs here. I really appreciate the C&C, thanx. I have to learn to make sure everything is lined up and a go before I click! I am not used to doing that. Now I will make sure I do. I do not have any editing software except for what came with my camera. I just ordered photoshop elements for dummies so when I get it I will know if I can figure the program out or not before I buy it!
    Thanx again for you C&C
    Donna......;)

9. Bitter Jeweler

Bitter Jeweler Been spending a lot of time on here!

Photos OK to edit
  10. Dagwood56

Dagwood56 No longer a newbie, moving up!

Photos NOT OK to edit
    1. As everyone already said, the horizon line is tilted. If it had been me, I think I would have taken the shot from a lower angle so that the railing and walkway lead the eye right out to the ocean, but thats just my opinion.

2. I like the softness of the rose , the background is a tad busy, but its still a nice shot.

3. Adorable! Crisp focus, nice exposure. I love how you caught her slighty open mouth and half eaten [shelled part] peanut.

4.Except for the green against the blue sky, I don't find this one real interesting. Just a random thought....perhaps if you cloned out the cable and the light poles at the bottom right, leaving just the sign and steel brace poles, and then left just a small border of blue sky around the top, bottom and left of the sign, it might work better.;)

11. blondie621

blondie621 TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit

Thanx, I downloaded Picasa this morning and it allowed me to straighten that beach picture out, otherwise there is not much to the program. Am going to download and explore Gimp! Thanx!
    Donna.....;)

12. fast1

fast1 TPF Noob!

amazon has the best price? hmm i will check it out, thanks[​IMG]