First shots with the D3000. C&C

GA_mayne

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well I got my D3000 2 days ago and I must say that I am LOVING it. :)

Anyways. I haven't been able to get out yet (but am going out with a friend tomorrow to shoot), but this is what I've got so far from things around the house.

Comments, critiques, criticisms are all welcome!

(BTW: All photos are unedited and were shot manually.)

Thanks guys! :D

DSC_0083.jpg

DSC_0103.jpg

(okay, I straightened this one out a little.)

DSC_0211.jpg

DSC_0212.jpg

DSC_0235.jpg

No disrespect but your shots are boring.

Half a light fixture, part of a picture frame, a door hinge and a shovel handle, so what.

You could take every one of those subjects and make them interesting. Be creative with them, think outside the box, picture the frame before you hit the shutter button. Make the viewer want to look at your images for more than 5 seconds.

No disrespect but your shots are boring.

Half a light fixture, part of a picture frame, a door hinge and a shovel handle, so what.

You could take every one of those subjects and make them interesting. Be creative with them, think outside the box, picture the frame before you hit the shutter button. Make the viewer want to look at your images for more than 5 seconds.

Thank you for your insight. Obviously I have MUCH to learn as I have just started to really take on photography.

I need to learn how to see what others will see in my photos.
For the light fixture I was trying to focus on the reflection of the light on the wall. For the shovel handle I honestly didn't even think of the handle as being the main focal point of the photo. I was thinking the shafts and the shadows that they cast. Just goes to show that I really do need to analyze EVERYTHING before I hit that magic button.

Thank you for your input! It helps.

More practice!

I need to learn how to see what others will see in my photos.
You need to learn what you want to show others, what you want others to see, and if you are successful, they will understand why.

Photography is your visual voice.

Most reactions

Back