First Studio Pictures

ZacKrohn

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
oporange.craized.net
I had the first experience of taking pictures with studio lights the other day. I had a lot of fun doing this and was a great experience since before I had a not so good one with lights and stuff. So now I know how much fun it can be :D . I would really like some feedback. More are at my website (www.oporange.net) if you are interested.
Tuning-Break2.jpg

Interaction.jpg

nice lookin shots, you need to do some spotting to, you have those nasty water marks or hairs right between your friends on the second one, i hate those marks.. in my gallery, youll see my post a lil south of this one :p theres some mtn dew that i took a pic of tell me what you think of that through pm :D

Thanks! a lot my negs turn out realy dirty...I can never realy figure out why and my teacher is a bit of a airhead so I can never get him to help me clean them. any thoughts?

ZacKrohn said:
Thanks! a lot my negs turn out realy dirty...I can never realy figure out why and my teacher is a bit of a airhead so I can never get him to help me clean them. any thoughts?
put them through some photoflow and get like the spongie paint brushes and squegee them off lightly, thats how i did it in high school and i never had dirty negs, btw what school are you in currently? also, get a static master brush from a photo store and brush them off, it then neutralizes the negative so dust wont be attracted to it!

whops musta happend when I scaned them..:p still a noob with the film scaner. I'm still in highschool right now, next year I'll be at the SF academy of art though

EDIT:wait what tells you their fliped? I remember that positioning of the subjects (ie left guy on left and right guy on right) but maybe I'm wrong?

the guitars text is backwards, and i havent seen anyone hold a guitar like that :p... ah still in highschool.. so just try what i was saying, it worked for me really well, then keep the negatives in a plastic sleeve.. theyll look nice...

Good sharp picture and well taken , but have a lot of digital noise , this can be cleaned really well with neatimage . the healing brush in photo shop will clear up the water spots

bygum said:
Good sharp picture and well taken , but have a lot of digital noise , this can be cleaned really well with neatimage . the healing brush in photo shop will clear up the water spots
yeah thats for like online posting but you can do the same by spotting so you can turn in a awesome looking print with little flaws to the teacher...

i just tried it to see how it would look, neat image made them look 10x nicer.

also, the shadows behind them are distracting to me...

Nytmair said:
i just tried it to see how it would look, neat image made them look 10x nicer.

also, the shadows behind them are distracting to me...
yeah, they kinda are now that you mention it... But did you happen to use a soft box of any sort? what type of lighting did you use?

At first I wanted to take pictures of just one person so I was going for a realy contrasty shadowy look (so I didnt use a soft box or any sort of difuser) but it turned out that I was shooting two people but I never realy changed that. whops. I just used a basic setup with a main light a fill and one on the background.

I'm not realy fimiluar with neatimage can someone fill me in? I'll try the healing brush and to flip those pics as well. Thanks for the feedback.

EDIT:they are fliped now...at first I didnt like them as much but they are growing on me...I removed the most offensive water marks that I noticed....still slighly grainy though. (I was using 400ISO though)

Most reactions

Back