Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Would like some cc on these please.

Thanks in advance.

39919_451075713012_590463012_6142199_6649515_n.jpg

38965_451075738012_590463012_6142202_6501920_n.jpg

38965_451075743012_590463012_6142203_4683189_n.jpg

Good job! You've nailed the exposure here which was tricky given the dynamic range of the scene. My only [very minor] niggle is that the crisply focused lines in the brick background is rather distracting. Perhaps greater separation between subject and background and a larger aperture?

Just my $00.02 worth - your mileage may vary.

~John

Not digging the outfits...

Mom looks like she really doesn't want to be there or is uncomfortable with herself. Her poses are rigid and cold in my opinion. I also don't much care for the outfits chosen for this. Furthermore, as others have said, the background is too sharp and therefore becomes distracting to me. Other than that, I think you got the exposures right.

Just my $0.02...Take it for what its worth...It's in Canadian funds! ;)

- Daniel

Outfits, not my choice...

And for the wife, she is DUE like a few days ago, so yes, she is rigid and uncomfortable!

I got some more with a black background, I'll work on those now and I will also undo the brick from pp.

Would like some cc on these please.

Thanks in advance.

39919_451075713012_590463012_6142199_6649515_n.jpg

38965_451075738012_590463012_6142202_6501920_n.jpg

38965_451075743012_590463012_6142203_4683189_n.jpg
Yep, good exposures.

It usually works better, if you have the space, to get your subjects 6 to 8 feet from the background.

Being in focus the brick wall is very busy, but because the subject to background distance was virtually non-existent, trying for less DOF to blur the wall would not have been fruitful.

The posing is not very interesting. She seems to be recoiling from him, particularly in #2 with her head leaned away from him, and him aggressively leaning towards her.

One of the general rules of posing is: if there is a joint in the shot bend it, like her arm.

There is little feeling of warmth or affection in the photos even though they kiss. Part of that is fostered by her arm in all the photos.

Have to say I don't care for these at all. Not trying to be harsh, but I would not consider these professional.

1) Background is busy, ugly, and distracting
2) Poses are stiff; they look ill at ease
3) Lighting is uninspired
4) Man's hair is unkempt; clothing is rather unflattering

im with kmh and pp on these.
they seem a bit cold, flat, and awkward.

I'm not so sure about the rigid part. It looks like she caught one happy couple.

So what do you guys do when people come in looking all busted? I mean I can't change their outfits or say damn your clothing is wrinkled and your hair looks like a birds nest.

This couple is how this couple looks. They are far from model material but they are who they are.

She wanted the white/kakhi because for the past so many years, that is how she photographed her pictures.

I am not sure I see unease? They look loving to me.

and her arm is back to show she is pregnant? Where should it be not to cover her belly?

So what do you guys do when people come in looking all busted? I mean I can't change their outfits or say damn your clothing is wrinkled and your hair looks like a birds nest.

You talk about it beforehand.

This couple is how this couple looks. They are far from model material but they are who they are.
Well, part of being a pro is to make them look better than they are. That's your job. People get their hair done for photos and for weddings. You should suggest it.

She wanted the white/kakhi because for the past so many years, that is how she photographed her pictures.
But they're not flattering.

I am not sure I see unease? They look loving to me.
They look awkward.

You asked for critique and comment so it would be to your best interest to take some of our advice here.

The worst of the problems is the background.

Also, having them positioned side-by-side is not the best.

We talked about it before.

She said she was wearing white and kakhi. I didn't think she's come in all wrinkled.

oh and I am FAR from a pro! I am not claiming to be. This was only my 2nd time with studio lighting. So I've got a buttload more to learn before saying pro for anything.

The studio time was free, she was pregnant, so I thought why not! lol

I'll edit some more, there are some naked ones but I don't want to put those up.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back