First time in the studio C&C

Opher

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey first time in the schools studio.. what am i doing right and wrong? any suggestions and general opinions. Just a basic headshot
facebook1_2.jpg

it looks like the focus isn't quite on her eyes

Agreed, overall, it's not a very sharp shot. Here's a positive though, no glare on glasses :thumbup:

it looks like the focus isn't quite on her eyes

Agreed, overall, it's not a very sharp shot. Here's a positive though, no glare on glasses :thumbup:

Im going to blame the sharpness on poor glass. "poor glass sucks ass":grumpy:

Aside from sharpness any comments or suggestions?

I agree on the slight soft focus, but overall everything else seems fine.

Maybe its just me... But I think it could stand to be warmed up a little as well.

Seems your right... my studio lamps must be off(everything is my gears fault you know :lmao:)

But no i should have done a custom white balance. So me and not the gear this time :p

EDIT:I need to learn how to spell :er:

Nice first go at studio. You had about 1/2 stop over but that should come down in the puter assuming your shooting digital. Got the glasses right and her head is good. might try the same shot with one main light box and a white reflector beside her and another under her face.

Good stuff studio is an assume place to play but it does take a bot of getting used to....and ideas of coarse

Nice first go at studio. You had about 1/2 stop over but that should come down in the puter assuming your shooting digital. Got the glasses right and her head is good. might try the same shot with one main light box and a white reflector beside her and another under her face.

:thumbup::thumbup:

The glasses made the eyes like they look out of focus..

The glasses made the eyes like they look out of focus..

That's what I figured. Just looks like a quick Photoshop. It shouldn't be a very hard fix.

looks a little over exposed.

I find my photos print to dark so i tend to bump them up a bit but your right i should probably drop it down a bit.

Good stuff studio is an assume place to play but it does take a bot of getting used to....and ideas of coarse

Its for a school project so im limited on creative control but i will reshoot with the fill light placed a bit lower.

Last edited:
I think these were shot with continuous lighting and that is why they are soft
1/60 is not fast enough at 80mm if it had been flash you would have been ok

Most reactions

New Topics

Back