First time with the new hassy :)

shortpballer

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.dossantoslemone.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
As I said first time with my medium format. C&C please. Will have more to come but this is the first edit I did.

hassleblad1.jpg

is she naturally that pail... her skin tone is blending in with the concrete behind her...

I actually really like this image, it is just a little off on exposure and lacks much contrast

but that dynamic range of tones, it is like sex to my eyes.
Done a quick edit, hope you don't mind, just te sort of Photograph I expect to see in a magazine.
icey.jpg

Sharpened:

Last edited:
Nice, a little over exposed on the model though (black cloth shouldn't be gray).

A hand held flash meter would be helpful here to take an incident reading so that you could properly expose the model. Then you could adjust globally with your shutter speed to place the background where you wanted it.

Enjoy the toy. ;)

I like it. I think the background (image left) perhaps needs more light, not less. I'm not a big fan of the edits.

I like the way you have it.. Maybe just need a very minor adjustment. It is very Calvin Klein. I like it. It will look good in BW with a little more contrast.

I personally like the way it is EXCEPT the placement of the model's hands bothers me. Almost like an optical illusion of both hands blending together into one abnormally large hand.

I thought the model was a guy...you know, one of those newly even more popular androgynous-looking dude models..."man-hands"...Seinfeld...

I thought it was a guy, too.:er:

I'd leave the exposure and contrast alone. The color though, at least on my monitor, is atrocious.

It is a guy. This is an androgeny themed shoot. And The picture is overexposed whenever I upload it to this site for some reason.

I don't prefer the edit that was done. The contrast is perfect on my monitor. It has been de-saturated because I wanted it to be.

Early, atrocious is a pretty strong word, and I don't think this picture deserves that at all. Considering the desaturation was done on purpose.

And pale is the thing in fashion. Pale is in. Go take a look at some french or italian vogues. This is by far no poorly styled glamour shoot where the model is overly warm.

I like the shot, the only thing I see that I would change would be the curves. It does seem a bit washed in regards to the black tones, but you mentioned it does that when you upload it.

I also greatly dislike the edit.

I thought it was a guy, too.:er:

oooOOOOoooooo

I'm either getting too old (i'm not that old)

or

I'm having 80s flash backs when women wore their hair short and men wore hair long along (with make-up)

Bad thought! Baaaaaaddd thought, get out, OUT!!!
:lol::lol:

I thought it was a guy (man hands.) then thought it was a girl.
now I find out it was a guy...

And to each his own, I did like the original shot, but I liked the more contrasty edit
but the edit is too strong I think.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back