Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
taken a couple months back... titled

"URBAN TRACTOR"

653502948_005eedaf2b.jpg

Looks cool, would be a better look if it didn't have the lights in the background, would make it fit the old timey tractor picture idea better i believe, I'm not good with PS but im guessing you can PS that out though? I'm still learning with HDR too, so good luck to you.

I'm still not sure what to make of HDR, should it be obvious (like NJ & Woodsac) or should it be more subtle like you own - if you hadn't have said, I wouldn't have thought about it.

As has been said, the lamposts don't really contribute and there is rather too much sky. Perhaps a closer viewpoint with a wider lens would have given a stronger image.

Ahh, thats a nice photo, tastefull HDR.
Personally, I'm not sure you can have too much sky, the colours a little muted but I think thats nice also, maybe a slightly lower angle ?, I dunno
I thought the whole point of HDR was to increase the dynamic rage of digital images that lack the same levels as film, (your not supposed to know imo).
Once its obviously HDR'd to death, to me it becomes just another treatment/effect/Christmas cracker filter and leans further towards digital imagery as an art form than photography.

Thank you everyone for the replies, I really do appreciate it as I am new to photography let alone this forum.

I titled this "urban tractor", as it was taken of a tractor in an urban community (hence the light posts). To me it represents the future of the small farmer in an age where industrial farming now rules. What once was probably a plot of land outside city limits is now surrounded by fast food, apartments and office buildings. So I thought the light posts didnt take anything away from the picture, maybe some buildings would have been nice?

And as far as everyones comments about HDR, I'm not too sure myself. I'm starting to think that it does become another 'digital artform' seperate from that of photography.

stupid question... whats HDR?

great pic but i agree it would be better without the lights

No such thing as a stupid question. HDR stands for High Dynamic Range. It's basically a technique for combining multiple identical (or almost identical) images with differing exposures so that the most can be made of shadow and highlight details within a scene. A search round the forum will turn up many, many examples - look out for Woodsac and NJMAN particularly.

I'm starting to think that it does become another 'digital artform' seperate from that of photography.

I think it is just in fashion at the moment since it is new, which means many people try it out, experiment. I believe not many people will stick with it for decades. Those which do, will eventually find their own style and develop it into something(s).

Most reactions

Back