First try on water drop

K.Li

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
My first attempt at water drop, I don't have a flash yet but I have one on the way here that I bought yesterday. Hopefully I can get better ones once I do.

4343164464_4ac77f9535_o.jpg

Last edited:
It's a beautiful shot. Makes the water look almost solid, like a crystal or something.

Thats a great first attempt!
Just off center enough to allow for the ripples to still be part of the image. The colours are also really nice.
If you dont have a flash, how did you shoot this? Camera popup flash? Did you use a macro lens or just a regular lens really close..

this is awesome! i love it!

I used a sigma 70-200 f2.8 which isn't a true macro lens but it all went well. But I had to stand more then a meter away due to the sigma minimum focus being 1m.

I used the camera pop up flash, I was worried that it would make things too flat but seems to be fine with water relfecting the light all around.

I'd say that's a great first attempt as well. The water has a dreamy look to it. The first water drop I did were with my pop up flash as well. It's good you were 1m+ away as my photos it was pretty obvious I used my flash.

at about 5 o clock of the droplet there is a black dot and further down there is a white line, are they dust on the sensor? or would it be on the lens.

K.Li said:
at about 5 o clock of the droplet there is a black dot and further down there is a white line, are they dust on the sensor? or would it be on the lens.

I see it now. Could be either one I would guess. Another possibility is a grain of sand or lint in the actual water? They're so small though, you could easily clone those out I assume.

Most reactions

Back