First try with new camera

ovvi

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
First of all, I want to say hello to all the members of this forum, and to specially to those who will reply.
Secondly, I have switched from a compact camera to a dslr, my first one, Nikon D5000 with 18-55mm kit lenses. I have read all sort of tutorials on the internet, I am at the beginning of this "photography" journey, and I want to get better with each shot. Please c&c on the following with some suggestions:
DSC_0023.jpg

DSC_0024.jpg

DSC_0029.jpg

DSC_0040.jpg

DSC_0042.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0044.jpg

DSC_0046.jpg

DSC_0047.jpg

Last edited:
One main thing I can tell you is your pictures are not straight. Beside 2 and 3 the rest look like just taken with PS camera....but practice practice practice and look at tutorials

Ok, too many to comment on individually. Overall, they need to be straightened. They also need some contrast work and probably sharpening.

Hmm, the pictures that I took, I think that they are straight, the problem is with that fountain, the way it was built not to be vertical, picture 4 was taken behind that fountain and that looks straight. I will continue to practice, but what to do regarding sharpening/contrast?

I will continue to practice, but what to do regarding sharpening/contrast?

Post processing in a program such as GIMP, Photoshop, Lightroom, and any number of others out there.

Be careful too when your doing a shot not to put your subject smack dab in the middle of the frame. Try using the rule of thirds for a more pleasing composition.

none of these seems to have a focal point..also very soft

keep shooting!

Ok, I will continue shooting.

The scene in #1 is good, and #3 is the right idea, but it is not quite good enough. The background should have had more green to compliment the red flower.

Welcome to the forum.
From what I see, try to concentrate on your main subject with a super sharp focus. With practice using your aperature settings you may want to blur the background to reduce any unwanted distractions. I find my eyes wandering in your photos. That pole in #1 and 2 is very distracting, almost dividing the first picture in half.
There is alot around that foutain such as flowers, light posts. If these do not add to the effect you want then leave them out. Dont get too busy.
Watch the time of day, mid afternoon is not the greatest time if this is when these were taken.
Red is a difficult color to come out sharp.
This will come with time and practice. Keep posting:thumbup:

So I went again to take some shots, I hope that they are better:
DSC_0049.jpg

DSC_0043.jpg

DSC_0041.jpg

DSC_0035.jpg

DSC_0034.jpg

DSC_0031.jpg

DSC_0025.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg

Please C&C on these new photos

I think that you have posted in the wrong topic, I have a NIKON d5000, and I just want some c&c

Please C&C on these new photos

Too many pictures.... Pic 1 or 2 that you want critiqued. I've got no problem taking a 2 mintue break from work to review a pic or two.... but I can't set asside a whole hour.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back