Fisheye lense vs. Fisheye filter + some.

Weaving Wax

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Ok, I've seen quite a few photos taken with a fish eye lense. I do know that the lens and filter do differ. From what I've read, the lens gives you a "real" fisheye look and the adapter gives you a like-ness of it, but does no more than buldge the image out. For the money and because I'm poor. Is an adapter an ok solution for the money or do they kinda suck?

Is the "soft focus" different from a diffuser?

What kind of flash can I get for a Canon EOS 650?

What is a good zoom lens for this kinda camera?

Thanks.

Ok, I've seen quite a few photos taken with a fish eye lense. I do know that the lens and filter do differ. From what I've read, the lens gives you a "real" fisheye look and the adapter gives you a like-ness of it, but does no more than buldge the image out. For the money and because I'm poor. Is an adapter an ok solution for the money or do they kinda suck?
I think the biggest difference between a real fish-eye lens and an adaptor/filter...is the quality. For that reason, I wouldn't spend a lot of money on a fish-eye filter...but it was cheap, well then it might be worth it to play around with. If you really like it, then you can get a real lens.

Is the "soft focus" different from a diffuser?
Soft focus can mean a lot of things. You can use something (a diffuser) to create a soft focus effect. Some methods are to stretch some pantyhose over the lens...or to smear vasoline over the lens (best to use a clear filter). There are lenses that have a soft focus mode that you can switch on or off.

What kind of flash can I get for a Canon EOS 650?
The best choice would be a Canon EZ flash unit, (as opposed to the newer EX versions). Many stores may have these still in stock...way in the back. You could also use many of the 'auto' flashes made my other brands. Vivitar 283/285 are very popular. I have a Braun Vario-zoom that I used with my EOS 650. Check out Sunpak, they make a nice Auto flash.

What is a good zoom lens for this kinda camera?
This camera will take any of Canon's EF lenses...or other brands that are made to fit Canon's EOS (auto focus) cameras. There are many good ones and several great ones. I can't really make a recommendation unless you give me more info...what's you price range? Do you want wide angle, normal or telephoto? Is optical and/or build quality important...and if it is...is it more important than convenience?

Thanks! I'll look for those flashes. As for the zooms? I don't really know that I want yet or how much I'm willing to spend. I'll post more when I get ready. I'll look for a filter first..

Most reactions

New Topics

Back