Fixing a Nikkormat EL

Sans ink

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hi!
I’ve had read a few camera repair threads before on the forum, but I have a problem.
I’m currently repairing the exposure meter in a nikkormat el, but one of the steps of a tutorial I’m following is unclear. I was wondering if anybody else could tell me how to remove the collar from the shutter dial that holds the top cover of the camera. I have added some acetone to dissolve any adhesive if any was there, and I’ve oiled the inside to try loosening up the threads.
The guide I’m using :Repair: Nikkormat EL

3BBC7ED1-174E-4AF7-A02D-5F74C263A075.jpeg
E3A4832B-9D32-4F70-8D94-53C5FBDDE57B.jpeg

Thanks for reading!

Is it a case perhaps of having to use a pin wrench to remove the smallest, upper-most collar, then the middle one with the two slots, and then getting access to that bottom piece?

Edit; Now that I read the whole post and look at both pictures, that's apparently not the case. I've had good luck using a very heavy elastic band as a mini strap wrench for that sort of thing.

I've had good luck using a very heavy elastic band as a mini strap wrench for that sort of thing.
I tried it, thought I was doing something wrong, turns out I was rotating the wrong direction. :p Thanks a lot!

Righty tighty, lefty loosy. ;)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back