Flash and lighting help please...

Sirashley

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Okay, I have a Nikon D200 (I got one of the best buy 600$ deals... YAY). I suppose that I should mention that I am flat broke :) I wanted to get the sb600 as a flash to run off the camera, but, as of course, my tv took a dump and I had to replace that. Soooo... I went to good old ebay and bought an sb-24 for a crisp $70 and the sucker is mint. Anyway, according to the strobist, I need a pc sync cable to run this off the camera, and I found a few on b & h. So here come my questions, is there a specific pc sync cable I need, or will any of the Nikon ones work?
Nikon | SC-11 Flash Sync Cord | 3056 | B&H Photo Video

Is there an adapter to run this flash wirelessly? I simply want to run an umbrella set up so wireless isn't a necessity, but it would be nice. Thanks in Advance.

If you're on a budget, get a Cactus transmitter/reciever. The V2's are pretty cheap and they have the newer v4's out too. I have the v4's and while they do misfire every now and then, they were well worth the price. The wireless options will give you more versatility in your setups too. Here is where you can get them (also Midwest Photo).

Okay, I have a Nikon D200 (I got one of the best buy 600$ deals... YAY). I suppose that I should mention that I am flat broke :) I wanted to get the sb600 as a flash to run off the camera, but, as of course, my tv took a dump and I had to replace that. Soooo... I went to good old ebay and bought an sb-24 for a crisp $70 and the sucker is mint. Anyway, according to the strobist, I need a pc sync cable to run this off the camera, and I found a few on b & h. So here come my questions, is there a specific pc sync cable I need, or will any of the Nikon ones work?
Nikon | SC-11 Flash Sync Cord | 3056 | B&H Photo Video

Is there an adapter to run this flash wirelessly? I simply want to run an umbrella set up so wireless isn't a necessity, but it would be nice. Thanks in Advance.

Thats all you need. If you want to shoot it wirelessly, you are going to need something to trigger it. However, seeing as you dont want to spend a lot of money, you a simple sync cable will be fine.

Thanks for the info guys, I'm thinking that at that price, I may go with the wireless triggers. It would be nice to have freedom :)

Thanks for the info guys, I'm thinking that at that price, I may go with the wireless triggers. It would be nice to have freedom :)

I think they are well worth it, and the last thing I would want in my setup is a cord to trip over and bring my camera down. Let us know what you go with.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back