Flash and Stroboframe

oooOOOoo something is strange...

Just looking at the EXIF data from photo #1. According to the exif data, there was no flash detected. All the other photos have flash, compulsory listed.

surprisingly I think that makes since to me!

should I be able to see the preflash? Or is it so fast that I shouldn't be able to tell the difference?

I guess I should just call my supplier and see if they can either fix it or send it back to canon and get a new one if it would be a defect.

Thanks for your help!!!

There is obviously something going on. If the exif data says no flas detected you have a problem with your cord. If it were me I would send back the promaster and get the Canon. And I would tell them that the Promaster was not working for you to try and save some of the shipping costs.

ok, so I just saw your other message! So pretty much it is a big problem with the flash???

ok, so I think I may have figured it out???

I went and looked at the pictures i took yesterday of the girl....and it showed that the flash fire each time it was supposed too...

So that confused me even more....

well, I got my equipment all set up again and retook the very first picture that i posted w/ the stroboframe and the picture turned out exactly like it should w/ the flash. And it worked several times!

So, I am going to assume that it was my error and something wasn't connected good enough the first time when I took those pictures. But, If for some reason that wasn't the problem and it happens again soon then I am going to send this promaster cord back and get the canon.

Seems like a long way around a stupid error, but I have learned along the way and I would always prefer human error over equipment errors!!!

Thanks so much!!

I'm not so sure that you can see pre-flash. It's generally 70-150 milliseconds before the metered flash.

I was dealing with sync. issues and tried a point and shoot, which also didn't work. Until I read that it also used Pre-flash.

Went to an old flash unit, shoe mounted, which wouldn't pre-flash, I couldn't see any difference, except of course in the photos, which now have the fill flash, in Sync. with the camera flash. :thumbup:

Here's the answer to EOS metering modes and flash. They all react differently.

http://photonotes.org/articles/eos-flash/index2.html#confusion

[FONT=Verdana, Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][SIZE=-1]On most if not all EOS cameras, P mode is not shiftable when flash (internal or shoe-mounted Speedlite) is used.

[/SIZE][/FONT]

I'm not so sure that you can see pre-flash. It's generally 70-150 milliseconds before the metered flash.

I can definitely see it. It is pretty obvious if you trip the shutter a few times looking at the subject and not through the viewfinder.

You can also test to see if E-TTL is working by hiting th exposure lock button.. you should see a preflash go off (but not the main) to allow the camera to meter and lock in an exposure.

Most reactions

Back