elrafo

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
el-rafo.deviantart.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hi there,

I would like to purchase a flash for my D-200 Nikon but not the super highend one, the only thing I really need is the ability to trigger it wireless...

I heard that some flashes are able to be triggered by the simple built in flash of the D-2oo, but I am not sure about how it works and what are the real requirements...

Is the SB-25 working for this kind of jobs ?

Do I have to purchase the last SB-600 (quite expensive...) to get the wireless trigger ?

thanks to let me know!

I heard that some flashes are able to be triggered by the simple built in flash of the D-2ooIs the SB-25 working for this kind of jobs ?

Do I have to purchase the last SB-600 (quite expensive...) to get the wireless trigger ?

The D200 will trigger an SB-800 wirelessly with it's own flash, but NOT the SB-600. You need the SU-800 commander or an SB-800 if you want to trigger one or more multiple SB-600s. The SB-25 will work with the SU-800 commander or the internal flash if you use an optical trigger and control the SB-25 in full manual mode only.
Additional info here:

http://www.daveblackphotography.com/workshop/0408.htm

http://www.strobist.com

These 2 places have all the info you need to start.

Holy moly... another Montrealer!!
(questions en francais repondue en PM seulment, si tu veut)

holly cow! there is no cheaper solution, I heard that it was possibe to remote flashes a few years ao without this expensive setup, but I am maybe wrong.

thanks a lot for the advice!

cheers

holly cow! there is no cheaper solution, I heard that it was possibe to remote flashes a few years ao without this expensive setup, but I am maybe wrong.

It is, I do it all the time on my D200 and SB-800. Sorry to say that it cannot be done without triggers or optical triggers on the SB-600.

The cheaper solution i use is the SB600 with one of these from ebay...

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/wireless-flashgun-slave-trigger-hot-shoe-SB600-SB800_W0QQitemZ110235189001QQihZ001QQcategoryZ64354QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

(Just do a search for 'wireless trigger sb600' to find one in your currency).

Now im not sure if they have other triggers which would work with an older flash unit... which would make it even cheaper to set up... but its worth looking into if you wish.

The only thing you have to take in account when using these remote triggers is you loose the 'auto' features of the flash so you have to set the strength manually.... but its all fun. They also sometimes dont fire when you want them too but for the price they work ok for me. :)

As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
actually this one is cheaper but a bit limited

ebay.com item # 330220787101

i still have 2 of those they work nice if you're the only one using flash and if you don't use ttl on your flash

but the cactus v2 are almost perfect they miss fire some times but they are cheap.

i guess pocket wizards are the best but i haven't have the chance to use them...

If I'm not mistaken, you just need the flash to go off wirelessly.. That can be done in commander mode with a D200 and an SB600 which is the setup I have. No additional components needed.

Yea with my camera model it won't do commander mode but i think the D200 does with the SB600... in which case, yea thats all he'll need.

So it just depends if you can find a dirt cheap flash that will work with an ebay remote trigger cheaper than an SB600.... but i think you'd be best off with the SB600 anyways ;)

The D200 will trigger an SB-800 wirelessly with it's own flash, but NOT the SB-600. You need the SU-800 commander or an SB-800 if you want to trigger one or more multiple SB-600s. The SB-25 will work with the SU-800 commander or the internal flash if you use an optical trigger and control the SB-25 in full manual mode only.
Additional info here:

http://www.daveblackphotography.com/workshop/0408.htm

http://www.strobist.com

These 2 places have all the info you need to start.

Holy moly... another Montrealer!!
(questions en francais repondue en PM seulment, si tu veut)

Incorrect. The D200 pop-up can function as a commander with SB-800, SB-600 or SB-R200 remotes. The pop-up can be configured to flash or not to flash. Additional information is available in the Nikon D200 user manual, pages 77, 163-165 and 177-178.

oh thanks! if the SB600 is remoted by my D200 and won't any need additional accessories, then I will go with it!

the SB-25 is not compatible with D200 remote system?

The SB 600 seems to be remotable with the built in flash of the D200 indeed.

I am wondering of you can remote without flashing with the built in flash ?
if you don't want any front light but just a side light from your remoted Flash, is if possible ?

thanks!

Incorrect. The D200 pop-up can function as a commander with SB-800, SB-600 or SB-R200 remotes. The pop-up can be configured to flash or not to flash. Additional information is available in the Nikon D200 user manual, pages 77, 163-165 and 177-178.

I refer you back to what he said :sexywink:

Vivitar 285HV thyristor flash - $90
Cactus V2S Radio triggers - $30

$120

No TTL and you'll probably want a light stand and an umbrella. $40-$50. And those triggers aren't the most reliable. You'll need to spend at least $180 for a reliable set of radio triggers.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back