Flickr Hosting

AdamBomb

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys, I know TONS of you host on Flickr. I have been using Photobucket for years, but now that I am getting into Photography more, I am seeing a HUGE quality loss in their hosting. I am about to Upgrade my account and I have a few Questions.

Are you 100% Satisfied with Flickr? If not, Why? Would you go anywhere else if you had the chance?

How is the Video Hosting? Since I have a D90, I will be wanting to upload videos. So how is this VS. Vimeo? I know Vimeo has "HD" Video, But the Video's on Flickr don't look too bad...at all.

Here's a Video Shot on a D90 Hosted on Flickr.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/garrettmurray/2927448272/

Wow that is a really good quality. I was thinking that the vid would look like crap

Well I just read that Flickr caps all videos at 90 seconds. Maaayybe I'll stick to Vimeo for video hosting? I dunno, I havent made a video that was longer than 90 seconds, but maybe I will someday!

The quality is awesome. I should be jealous because you have the D-90, but I am more jealous because you really didn't do much.

I only wish I could spend a day doing so little.

lol, That's not my video, But I didn't do much more than that guy today.

I definitely recommend flickr for photo hosting. for serious video hosting i would use vimeo but for some stuff flickr is good

SAME PHOTO:

Photobucket:

DSC_0277-1.jpg

Flickr:

3077493837_37890447c9.jpg

thats is a surprisingly large difference

Most reactions

Back