Flower 1

dezmaas

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
All comments welcome:

flower2.jpg

I think it has potential but the DOF is too shallow for my liking and maybe a tighter crop would help as well.

I sometimes have the same problems with macro pictures. Unfortunately, I do not have money for a macro lens right now, but there is a trick my first photo teacher taught me. You take your regular 35mm lens and take it off the camera. First you have to set the aparture and shutter speed and get the focus right, but after that turn the lens around. When you have the front of the lens touching where the back of the lens normally is, when you take the picture, it should come out clearer. Almost as if you were using a macro lens.

A tight crop on the right side would be an improvement. Ever hear of "The Rule of Thirds" ?

I prefer the shallow DOF. The reason being is that I like only one subject per photo. I think all other elements should be subordinate to one specific main subject. I often use DOF to accentuate a subject rather than contend with it for attention.

Big Mike said:
I think it has potential but the DOF is too shallow for my liking and maybe a tighter crop would help as well.

Yup!

the main object of this photo is not clear enough
i was confused that the yellow one is the main object or the purple one

Most reactions

New Topics

Back