Flowers from the mountains

katastrophekaty

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I got these captures with a crappy Lumix Panasonix, but I think they came out pretty good for me, since I used the automatic feature (still haven't gotten down aperture, I suck). I used a clean edit base action is PSCS6 from the action set Greater Than Gatsby, but other than that there was no other editing. I'll post the SOOCs in a reply.

One
P1210288.jpg

Two
P1210291.jpg

Three.
This is the same picture, just cropped
P1210291-2.jpg

Four
P1210329.jpg

Nice shots. Could use more DOF in these shots since you're taking groups of flowers. On one shot I checked your exif data and it shows you shot at F5. You would probably do better at around F10 or higher.
I agree, but if you choose to use F5 you should fill more of your composition with the subject. Maybe a closeup i.e. macro or more zoom.

- mbsfield

Nice shots. Could use more DOF in these shots since you're taking groups of flowers. On one shot I checked your exif data and it shows you shot at F5. You would probably do better at around F10 or higher.

Since I shot in AI I'm not sure if I could have changed it, but I'll look on my camera later and see if it's possible to change and play around with it :) Thank you for the advice!

I agree, but if you choose to use F5 you should fill more of your composition with the subject. Maybe a closeup i.e. macro or more zoom.

- mbsfield

I was about 10 or so feet away and zoomed all the way but I'm sure I could have gotten closer. I was having some focusing issues that day (auto focus) so I was scared to get too close and have it come out horrible. I'll probably try some others later on and see how they come out!

What mountains?

The flowers were on the mountain. I was on the highest point of that particular hill but the flowers were on the side of the hill, so it was impossible to get the actual mountains themselves other than the grass below.

I got this in an email yesterday and I thought it was somewhat interesting. It may not be what you're going for, but still interesting.

- mbsfield

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1425322548155.png
    uploadfromtaptalk1425322548155.png
    1.2 MB · Views: 122
I got this in an email yesterday and I thought it was somewhat interesting. It may not be what you're going for, but still interesting.

- mbsfield

I try to get flower pictures like that, but I think a lot of it has to do with my lack of knowledge and my camera. Thank you for posting! It's a really pretty picture so I can definitely look at it again and try to duplicate it with a picture of my own :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back