Flute Player

THORHAMMER

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
This guy was really good actually... just came out of nowhere and started playing.

20070528-IMG_0509.jpg

An interesting balance between the flautist and the negative space. Too bad I cannot hear the guy. I can just imagine.

Rusty Tripod

what's negative space ? the space on the right?

Well, since "he came out of nowhere", I like how "nowhere" is included in this frame! I just imagine him come from there (the negative space) with this flute in his hands, turning, and starting to play. And you were there and - took the photo. Works all hand in hand, I think.

Maybe the rats or the children are going to come out of the space...and he is waiting for them
:shock::shock::shock:

oops...btw, I like it!

But that isn't in Hamlin, now is it??? (Hameln for the Germans here).

This would look so much better in black and white. I'm also thinkin' not so much negative space there...like maybe a shallow depth of field with some blurred stuff in the background? But whatever, it's a nice picture!

I almost really like the negative space in this photo, its a great idea, but it doesn't quite work for me. this is for two reasons. #1 the white post behind the guy works against the negative space. #2 there is still some detail in the black negative space (this could be easily fixed with some burning in photoshop).

Most reactions

New Topics

Back