Fly Fishing Today

Stacy Morin

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
So, I couldn't help but share-I love the colors reflected in the water. I'm struggling with sharpness but still love this of my son-if anything it is a good memory of a beautiful day in Maine today!

Attachments

• EditFB.jpg
    EditFB.jpg
    203.9 KB · Views: 118
I love the reflection but...

colors are too saturated for my taste and I don't particularly like the composition, I would like it better if you shot it wider and not putting him in the center of the frame

anyway.. it's jmo

Wider and lower would help this shot.

I like it a lot just the way it is. Having the angler in the center is o.k., because he is looking toward the backcast, giving "ownership" of the left side of the frame. The angle of the rod is dynamic, as well as the ripples around his legs. The color and the ripples lend an air of "dreaminess" to the scene.

I would nominate it for POTM, but I've filled my quota for this month. If you had posted in October, it would be one of my nominations.

Last edited:
I like the way you composed it. With the reflection of the trees on the water, in my opinion, there's no need to shoot wider. The ripples also add a nice, dynamic effect as well.

The only thing I would say is to tone down the saturation a little bit. A little too saturated, but that might just be me. Otherwise, beautiful capture!

Thank you ALL for your opinions-It is a bit too saturated...but man the colors were amazing all around me and I got carried away trying to convey in Post Processing! I am not eager to work on it again though! I will post my results!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back