Focus issue Nikon 300 2.8 AF S

pdq5oh

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Any ideas why a Nikon 300 AF S would stop auto focusing? Removing it from the body then reattaching makes it work again. This is the problem described on one that's for sale. Supposed to have been happening on a D50 body. Thanks.

Hard to say in this particular instance. Every time I've had a similar problem the usual culprits were dirty electrical contacts. On one very rare occasion the rear mounting ring of the lens was loose - easy fix for both circumstances. I'm not saying that is what is wrong in your case. You'll have to figure that out for yourself or with the help of someone and with the actual physical lens in your hands.

Hard to say in this particular instance. Every time I've had a similar problem the usual culprits were dirty electrical contacts. On one very rare occasion the rear mounting ring of the lens was loose - easy fix for both circumstances. I'm not saying that is what is wrong in your case. You'll have to figure that out for yourself or with the help of someone and with the actual physical lens in your hands.

That^^^^

+1 anything electrical that works temporarily after contacts have been disturbed then stops works should be checked for cleanliness and a solid connection first order of business.

Thanks for the replies. The guy says it's erratic. Happens often within a short span of time or not at all for a couple hours.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back