Foggy Forest Walk. Which version do you Like???

uberben

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.benberndtphotography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
The fall weather brings cool temps in the morning and thick fog. I was able to escape from work for a bit to shoot some pics. this is the same shot in color and B&W. I like both versions, but i'm wondering what your thoughts are on it.

forest1.jpg

forest2.jpg

Oh wow I really like these. The black and white version gives it such a dark/mystical feel.

I like both for different reasons, they both have a very different "feel". The color version seems cheery and seasonal, the b&w seems a little more ominous and creepy. Even though they are the same composition, these two photos are completely different to me, thanks for sharing them both.

Damn, JTH beat me to it - I was just about to say exactly the same thing! Also I love the sort of 'semi-symmetry' of the two interlocking trees; the picture gives me the impression of a slightly distorted, mirrored shot on first glance.

Lovely - keep both!

The black and white is very mystic, indeed, but as the colour-freak who I am, I prefer the first.
My only thought is: never take your normal car into woods like this one. WALK (as you did), or you WALK out of the woods.

(See this to understand better: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=32024)

hahahaha. Nice write up. I have a jacked up jeep for those kinds of trips. These woods are actually up in the bluffs on the edge of town. There are about 15 miles of trail over many many acres of park. I am lucky to have it so close. Here is another shot of the bluffs i was in.

P1010037a.jpg

Beautiful. And yes, a Jeep might have served me a lot better this morning........

Most reactions

New Topics

Back