Foggy Lake

itsjustbreality

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Winter has me dreaming of lakeside summer camping! Took this at Forked Lake in the Adirondacks early in the morning. The fog was this majestic white blanket over the lake, and the world was almost muffled - the only sounds audible came from loons and the canoe wandering out onto the water.
1487383621707.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Would have liked more detail in the water. Might have been due to overexposure or post processing, not sure, but you almost have tonliok for the water. It seems like hes floating on parchment. Still cool, if thats what you were going for

Sent from my SM-G925P using Tapatalk

While the exposure could have been adjusted to include more detail both in the water and the fog itself, the high contrast minimalistic approach works quite well. I suspect that if this were printed, there would likely be some detail around the edges that we're not seeing on screen.

don't like the processing

While the exposure could have been adjusted to include more detail both in the water and the fog itself, the high contrast minimalistic approach works quite well. I suspect that if this were printed, there would likely be some detail around the edges that we're not seeing on screen.
Thanks! I try to shoot how my eye sees it, and that fog was so dense, you couldn't see the other side of the lake at all, and the reflection of the water was practically the color of milk! It was really neat. Here is the image SOOC with a few adjustments -added sharpening and shadows, decreased exposure a tad to try and bring out a bit more water detail. It may have been overexposed some:
1487600888773.jpg

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N910A using ThePhotoForum.com mobile app

Like this edit much more. It retains the simplicity of the original but adds enough detail to tie the subject to the scene.

IMHO, the edit doesn't really change anything for me. I still think it is a very nice minimalist image. It might also be described as slightly(?) high key.

WesternGuy

Like this edit much more. It retains the simplicity of the original but adds enough detail to tie the subject to the scene.
Agree completely. Without the slight details of the water, it just doesn't "look right" to me (not that there is a "right" and "wrong"). Like Smoke said, the water ties the subject to the scene. The second really brings in the mood at the time of the photo. Much more enjoyable, IMO.

I've gone back to the edit several times and like it better every time. Nominated for POTM

Yes, the edited version is strong. A very nice, minimalist shot, well-seen,well-rendered.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back