Folds and curves...

tb2

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
...in a cheap (35p) plastic watering can. I chose black and white partly to better show the pleasing lines and shading, but also because I can't stand the lime green colour of the plastic :).

Regards, Tony

For more info: http://photoreflect.blogspot.com/2008/08/mass-produced.html

Curvaceous-Watering-Can.jpg

The word you used for the title of your photo ("curvaceous") is the most expensive ... erm ... expansive about it :biggrin:

And you are doing it such a huge honour in creating such a beautiful photo of such a cheap and mundane object! It should be thankful and totally unspilling (!) for the rest of its lime-green life!!!

:wink:

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

nice play with light and shadow! and choosing b&w was probably a good choice.

the best thing one could do with a 35p item (besides watering ;))

You never cease to amaze me....what a wonderful shot, from such a mundane object. Love the play of light and shadow. Well done!

Thanks Corinna, kaymlo, Alex & Antarctican. We bought two of these indoor watering cans. They're wonderful examples of inexpensive, mass-produced design. They stack, look elegant, and most importantly water plants without dripping. And they photograph well too. How many 35p objects have all those qualities!!!

Regards, Tony

Very nice use of lighting.
In particular, I like the manner in which you have offered the viewer only the essentials.
Well done.

Thanks Roger, SympL & Dani. The first few shots I took were of the whole watering can, then I homed in on the best curves and shadows around the top, and finally, I tilted the can to end up with this shot that fitted the frame properly.

Regards, Tony

Most reactions

New Topics

Back