Food Dye Fun

dak1b

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello All!

For the following photos I used my Canon 100mm f/2.8 macro lens. I love this lens. Its def my favorite lens!!!!:thumbup: I had sum food dye lying around and the weather was crappy today so I thought I would have sum fun indoors. This is what I got.

C&C Welcome. enjoy!

1)
4691436042_7d71343fb9.jpg

Settings: f/ 5.6 1/15 iso 400 @ 100mm

2)
4690803111_f6045bcb87.jpg

Settings: f/5.6 1/15 iso 400 @ 100mm

3)
4691435204_e336da991b.jpg

Settings: f/5.6 1/15 iso 400 @ 100mm

Nice Shots !
I was also going to experiment with food dye the other day but revision got the better of me ! I was just going to try and capture food dye driplets but this is very creative too !

I like 2&3 and I'm pissed that you didn't share the Corona:lmao:

Nice Shots !
I was also going to experiment with food dye the other day but revision got the better of me ! I was just going to try and capture food dye driplets but this is very creative too !

driplets sound coooool. go for it! food dye is awesome. never know wat ur goin to get. different everytime!:mrgreen:

I know this was just on a whim but if you invest like $10 on a cheap fish tank you can get some very insane shots!

Seems like you composite a bit so having them in a library would be a nifty little back up plan or last minute dash of flavor. If I had my harddrive unpacked I'd show you one I did, basically a person standing in the ink almost as if they were being formed out of it.

Nice shots but my favorite looking one is the red dye! Really got some complex swirls and texture in there.

those are way cool! 3 is my favorite. I like the mixing colours

I know this was just on a whim but if you invest like $10 on a cheap fish tank you can get some very insane shots!

Seems like you composite a bit so having them in a library would be a nifty little back up plan or last minute dash of flavor. If I had my harddrive unpacked I'd show you one I did, basically a person standing in the ink almost as if they were being formed out of it.

Nice shots but my favorite looking one is the red dye! Really got some complex swirls and texture in there.

I was thinkin about expermenting with different shapes of glass..fish bowl is a good idea. I have all my photos seen here on an online library :mrgreen: just for backup reasons.

I'm glad you enjoy the red dye photo. I really like how it turned out. The dye is so much to play with and photograph. I'll def have more photos to come:mrgreen:

They're all pretty cool, but #3 is my favorite. :thumbup:

These are very cool. I would like to one close up so you can just see the water and dye, no glass visible.

Nice shots.... I don't know if a black background would show the color better? The background seems too plain.

I still like them though

I believe if the background was a more white the bottle may become more invisible and thus the colors more vivid. Try brightening up the background with your lighting and see where it goes. I do like the concept.

Most reactions

Back