For Chiller....

PNA

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Check out the date on the plate.....interesting what they wrote.

7985-ForChillerTPF.jpg

Yes, it is. At my grandpa's funeral the pastor did something like that. It was down to hours, maybe even minutes. I'm not sure though.

Thats cool. Very interesting lookin stone.
I have come across a lot of the really old stones from the late 1800's that have that year/month/day. Really gets sad when you see stones that say ...months. I recently came across some graves where there must have been an epidemic in the late 1890's, as all the children died in a certain time period. Im trying to find out more about it.

Hummmm, very interesting, does it appear that only childrens graves had this type of date inscription?

I did not examine the material, but it seemed to be made of metal. I’m curious enough to return and look closer…..more at eleven.

Chiller said:
Thats cool. Very interesting lookin stone.
I have come across a lot of the really old stones from the late 1800's that have that year/month/day. Really gets sad when you see stones that say ...months. I recently came across some graves where there must have been an epidemic in the late 1890's, as all the children died in a certain time period. Im trying to find out more about it.

theres a section in a cemetery i frequent that has alot of childrens graves like that too Chiller. i dont remember the exact dates, but they are all from the early 1900s. i was told that most of the children that died in that time frame died from polio, but i never looked into it so the person who told me that may be wrong.

theres quite a few monuments that list their age at the time they died down to the day too. im pretty sure i have a shot or 2 like that. ill have a look and post them later.

thats a very interesting picture Acsonpg. it looks great in B&W.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back