Reaction score
Website
www.darfion.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Here's a picture of Johnny Wilkinson if he were a kitten. :D
wilko.jpg

[slowly creeps out of the room]

I think that's a cute shot but who's Johnny Wilkinson?

Thorn in the side??? No (well not to me anyway) you can't blame the guy for kicking, when you kick the ball like he does. You can be annoyed that it made the game a little predictable that "if in doubt, give it to Johnny and he'll win the game for us" (it is called the "running game" after all. Would have been a very very different result without him on the field.

They said that the Pohmies wanted the ball that he kicked the winning field goal with, but they were told that the officials were unsure which of the four game balls he used exactly. But the Aussie officials also said that if the Pohms were willing to send the Ashes over to us (as we are entitled to hold them) that they would try to work out which ball it was! Needless to say the Ashes aren't coming down under and the football stays here :lol:

luckydog said:
Needless to say the Ashes aren't coming down under and the football stays here
What ashes are these then? It annoys me when other sports use the term "ashes" when Australia play England when there's no ashes to speak of. Even the bloody awful rugby league have started using the term. The only ashes that i know of are the ones that the two teams play for at cricket. (but we won't go there for now :? )

For those interested, the ashes are of the cricket stumps/bails that where cremated after Australia beat England, against all odds on the 29th Aug' 1882. Following this an obituary was put in the 'Sporting Times'.
In Affectionate Rememberance of English Cricket Which Died At The Oval on 29th August 1882
Deeply lamented by a large circle of sorrowing friends and acquaintances
R.I.P
NB: The body will be cremated, and the ashes taken to Australia.
Thus the Ashes were born
Anyway, it's only a picture of a cat and nothing to get worked up about :D

The ashes in mention were the cricket ones.
Not getting worked up :) Heck if you folks hadn't won, the Queen would have had a very quiet honours list. For those who don't know, the entire team received some sort of award from the queen. :) :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back