for something completely different

Discussion in 'Alternative Techniques & Photo Gallery' started by mysteryscribe, May 24, 2006.

1. mysteryscribe

mysteryscribe TPF Noob!

Can others edit my Photos:
    Photos OK to edit
    I shot a civil war reinactment on saturday. I shot about eighteen exposures. I am processing them one a day it seems. Well when I finished with todays negative, I almost chucked it before looking at it closely. I often think that but seldom toss them because it is my film experience to make do with what the neg gives you.

Now if I had been shooting digital I would have reshot this because it isn't what I meant to shoot. I meant to shoot the lady completely with a little space above her head. Well this is what I got.
    [​IMG]

I was disappointed but I have trained myself over the years to salvage what I could from a negative because you can't go back and reshoot this kind of thing. So this is what got salvaged.

[​IMG]

2. KenCo

KenCo TPF Noob!

It's something I'm learning to look for when a shot doesn't quite work and agree it can and does save some shots. I think you've made a great choice here and gotta say I love the treatment (whatever that may be) could very easily be mistaken for one taken all those years ago.
    Ken.

3. terri

terri Administrator Staff Member Supporting Member

Photos NOT OK to edit
    Pretty awesome, isn't it? :thumbup: One of those happy accidents we love so well. :D

4. mysteryscribe

mysteryscribe TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    This would never happen if i were shooting digital because it wasn't what I wanted. I think that is the point more than the shot. In digital you toss it and do it again.

5. mysteryscribe

mysteryscribe TPF Noob!

Photos OK to edit
    about the treatment lol... All you have to do is build yourself a repro retro camera. You dont want a real complete retro, cause if the bellows isnt all to hell it will be soon, not to mention those films just aren't out there at your local camera store.

I used a 1930 lens on a 1960 camera frame with a cut film holder put inside a camera back I built myself. After that you just colorize it and age the color nothing to it.

And the authentic look is what I strive for not the plastic copy look.