Forum Order

clarinetJWD

The Naked Spammer
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
jwdphotography.com
Usually I am on a 19" LCD or bigger, so the order in which the forum's various sections appear is of little matter to me, but on my mom's laptop (13" widescreen) I noticed the forums were in a very strange order. Now I'm sure the order was thought about to a high degree by the admin/mod team before posting, but shouldn't the photo galleries be MUCH more towards the top? After all, isn't that the point of this site?

We debated and debated about that, and, there was some method to the madness, but I couldn't even tell you what that was at this point. :lol:

I'm always open for improvements, but I think we wanted to highlight the "educational" areas of the site before the galleries. Or at least that was the intent.

I see, I see. It just struck me when I was trying to find the General Gallery and had to do so much scrolling. Actually, is is possible to do a sort of nested forum where it shows the title of each section and they can be expanded/closed? That would make it a lot more navigable on small screens methinks

Joe, you can do that with the current format. At the end of each of the section title headers (all the way to the right) is a circle with two arrows in it. Click on that to expand/collapse the section. I haven't done it in a while, but I believe it will save that action so the next time you log in it will look the same. :)

Joe, you can do that with the current format. At the end of each of the section title headers (all the way to the right) is a circle with two arrows in it. Click on that to expand/collapse the section. I haven't done it in a while, but I believe it will save that action so the next time you log in it will look the same. :)

Those little arrows can be a beautiful thing.

now I'm disappointed, when I saw the thread title I thought someone was ordering drinks

now I'm disappointed, when I saw the thread title I thought someone was ordering drinks

Yep, and that someone is you. We were just waiting for you to get here so you could buy us a round.

I'll have a lush island iced tea...er...I mean...a long island iced tea, please.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back