Frame it and Hang Help Please.

DarkShadow

Birdographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello everyone. I am looking to have a Print made and I am getting overwhelmed by the options available. Sizes,Canvas prints, metal Prints,Glossy,Matt,sheer. A minimum size of 11 X 16 or up.I am really confused what to go for and where to have it done. I know what Canvas looks like and standard matt and glossy prints but I don't know how metal prints look or sheer. What do you guys think would look the best. This is the one I want a Print of.Thanks
18812878123_55eed7a4aa_b.jpg

Sorry, can't help (I only like canvas, not the metal ect. ) but wanted to say that picture is gorgeous.

David, I haven't had a metal print made of my images yet but I think this one would be a really good candidate for that.

I'm pretty sure @jsecordphoto has done metal prints? May want to check with him if you're considering metal?

Sorry, can't help (I only like canvas, not the metal ect. ) but wanted to say that picture is gorgeous.
Thanks Barb appreciate the compliment.

David, I haven't had a metal print made of my images yet but I think this one would be a really good candidate for that.
Thanks Ron.

I'm pretty sure @jsecordphoto has done metal prints? May want to check with him if you're considering metal?
Thank Waday,I may have to give him a hala

David, I don't know who told me this but a photographer that I respect told me to print this one on metal. I'm still not sure yet.

I post this for comparison to yours. I think that the waves would look WAY better than this one on metal. JMHO!

18351566698_8bc8e9672a_c.jpg

No printing advice, but WOW, is that image ever stunning?! Incredible light.

Thanks Jazzie. I never usually see me work as super special but on this one,I am very proud of. I was so ready for this shot,look to my right,checked out the light and set my exposure accordingly before even approaching the Snowy Egret.I got as low as I could on some risky terrain for this shot.

What do you guys think would look the best.
Given the general sharpness of this image, I would not print it on any textured or matte finish paper. I see this shot looking best on glossy.

IMO it is also not the type of subject matter that would work well on metal, so I would not use that either.

One suggestion:

Go to your local cheap-ass printer and get some 8x10's: One on glossy, one on eggshell, and one on matte, then take them home and let them work on you for a week or so. Then get the larger size in the gloss that you want.

I really like Designer's idea of printing a couple first; maybe at Costco to see what looks best. Because metal can be so expensive, it makes it tough to decide (for me).

We had this one printed on metal and it came at very well Western Scrub Jay by JacaRandaPhotography, on Flickr

It's the only metal print we've done because it was a freebie. I think the coupon came with the Wacom tablet. Keep an eye out for inexpensive Groupons for metal prints. Try out a small freebie if you can before making a final decision.

Ron I am leaning towards the metal Print,you may be right.

Thanks Designer,great suggestions.

Mpix.com you can get a metal print of a 12x18 size for $59.99. While that's not cheap I have had meals that cost more (for 1 person).

Just look for modern metals on their site.

Jaca that did turn out very nice.

No worry,I will be procrastinating this for a while.LOL

Most reactions

Back