Freaks in the house unite!

craig

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
craigblank.com
Burning Man Festival August 28 - Sept 4. This will be my first Burn. I posted a meetup thread in Dec, but no one took the bait. Now we are getting into plans and I am very excited/scared. Jackson Camp will be close to 65 people strong!!!

Let us hear (read) some thoughts. Certainly the photographs will be out of this world. The music will be nothing short of incredible. Throw in 7 days on the death defying Nevada desert and you are bound to have an adventure.

I’ve seen info about Burningman on TV & net before seem like one big crazy party and good photo opt, have fun and watch out for dust storms

I've read about this, some years back - and forgot it was still an annual event. I would absolutely love to be at one. Insane people-watching at its finest. :thumbup:

Go let your hair down, Craig. And I wanna hear all about it!! :D

The website will tell it best. http://www.burningman.com/

Basically you are out in the desert for 7 days being and experiencing an overload of creativity. By desert I mean sweltering temps with dust storms and maybe rain. Nothing grows or lives there so you have to provide your own shade, food and water. Do not think you can use green money, credit cards or cell phones. Have heard the music is every thing from break beat to drum and bass to full on noise. The art is spiritual and up to the individual. This year's main theme is "Hope and Fear". There are lot of different theme camps. Our camp is Jackson Camp. Our deal is "not a lot to say, but some amazing beats and positivity".

This will be my first time, so I am only going on what my dear friends tell me. Recent events in my life have brought me to a different level spiritually. That is why I am going. Plus I love to dance to the break beat and drum and bass sounds. Plus I like to dress up and be totally creative.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back