Freehand Motion Blur

AgentDrex

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a photo I captured last summer. It is the only photo of almost 50 or so photos I attempted and was pwned on all but this one. Not the best obviously. No tripod was used which is why it probably had taken so many tries to capture one mediocre version. Post-processing was done to turn the background b&w and to emphasize the color of the vehicle.

Copy%20of%20P1015988_re_edited.jpg

Other than the truck being OOF... I like the idea. BUT I think a gifferent composition would add to it... While I had Gimp open for the re-crop (used a 6:2 Aspect Ratio BTW) I did a quick color enhancement...

Copy%20of%20P1015988_re_edited.jpg

Like I've mentioned before elsewhere, I ought to get my eyes re-examined. Most of my shots are slightly OOF. Thank you for taking the time to edit this BuS_RiDeR and for reminding me that it is okay to crop photos. This photo looks better now and I'm going to print it out and hang it on my wall.

Like I've mentioned before elsewhere, I ought to get my eyes re-examined. Most of my shots are slightly OOF. Thank you for taking the time to edit this BuS_RiDeR and for reminding me that it is okay to crop photos. This photo looks better now and I'm going to print it out and hang it on my wall.

Glad to help. :) After all, I just wanted to show a different point of view.

I have issues with focus as well. Many off my pictures come out a bit "soft". I've been slowly but surely narrowing the cause down... It looks like its either my lens or my UV filter. I've removed my UV filter... and am hoping to get out soon to test my lens at various different zooms in hopes of narrowing it down. Gotta clean it though... just to be safe. :)

this is called panning

Two things:

1. Panning. It takes a while to get used to, but once you master it, it's a sinch. The best way to pan is to move your entire upper body with the car; head, shoulders, arms, torso, and hips. Plant your feet so you can spin the entire distance you need to. Keep the shutter in the mid-range (1/125 works wonders) and bump up the f/stop.

2. If your shots are always a bit OOF, use your diopter to focus the camera to your eye. (The thing next to your viewfinder.) Use an autofocus lens and take a shot that is focused, then use manual and play around with it until you get the same result. I had to do it a few weeks ago because my eye prescription got worse. :lmao:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back