..:: Friends ::..

Mersad

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
mersad-photography.blogspot.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This picture was taken in this forest: http://www.thephotoforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=148081

friendsyi4.jpg

Was there some grass very near to the camera? There's this lighter thing covering their coats.
And what happened to the girl's face who wears the bow in her hair? It looks hazy, as if selectively brightened - and it's got more noise than the rest. That aspect instantly caught my attention, more so than the grass right in front of your lens did.

Yes. There was not enough light on her face. I had to brighten it up a bit (but really only a bit, the rest is compression). I didn't want to clone the grass out, i kinda felt it was a nice touch. It was intentionally shot that way.
Thx for your comment!

Overall, I really like the composition. The idea of having the grass there is great, but I think it may have worked better if it had a little more definition. And like LaFoto, the face was the first thing that caught my eye.

Thanks for your comment Crazydad. The gras should have been more defined, I agree. But in order to understand what i had to work with here is the before after (I went back and edited the grass out).

The first one was very dark. But as you had mentioned the pose and face expressions were too good not to be used. So I had to do something. As I said i went back and tried a more subtle approach at the selective brightening.

friendsbajo9.jpg

I just think the way the face is lightened makes it not a keeper. If you could some how repair it, then it would be a great capture. There are other issues with the photo too, like losing detail in your blacks. Next time be sure to expose properly and you will have alot more leeway.

Yeah i know... but for the three of us it really is a keeper, since the two of them don't care about a little grain. We made more pics where the exposure was correct but none of them have a real sense of spontaneity.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back