from another board but apt here

Discussion in 'Beyond the Basics' started by Larry1948, Nov 14, 2004.

1. Larry1948

Larry1948 TPF Noob!

I like the analogy of the tidal wave.
    remember that a tidal wave crashes in where uninvited wreacks havoc and departs, leaving chaos in it's wake.
    when the clean-up is done the survivors tighten their belts and get on with their lives.
    I hope there are plenty of "film users/camera addicts" pro and amateur left standing and holding their equipment high and saying where is "digital" now!
    comments from the Pros and Amateurs welcomed.

2. Hertz van Rental

Hertz van Rental TPF Noob!

I seem to remember arguments like this when CD's came out. Vinyl was dead and gone.
    Well no it isn't. It's nowhere near as important as once it was but it's still there - and a lot of people reckon the sound quality was better. Same thing with valves/transistors, thatch/slate, horse/car, typewriter/pen and all the rest.
    The same thing will happen to photography.
    For me I have no preferences between digital and silver. The equipment is not important - it's the image that matters. Having the best quality image in the world doesn't make it a good photo. I use what is to hand, and what I have time to use.
    I actually think the tidal wave has been and gone but it happened so fast we didn't notice.