From Dusk till Dawn

malachite

Heavily Medicated For Your Protection
Reaction score
Worked a double shift for these this time around. I wanted to go to back to The Ranch from last week for another go, but this time with a light source I'm almost more familiar with than the sun nowadays. Time to punch in for graveyard duty. Being the masicist that I am I figured I'd go for all 3 different light sources.

Left the house around 3pm for my 2 hour trip to see if the sun would grace me with some better grand finale lighting compared to last week, I wasn't disappointed.

Ranch-082804-B.jpg

Kodak 100VS

The first sunset picture I've taken since 1996. I've made it a point over recent years to put the camera down and just enjoy em' with my own eyeballs instead of an interpretation by Kodak or Fuji. This time I had a new film to try out and a new zoom to play with. Not going to win any awards, but it was fun.......

Ranch-082804-D.jpg

Kodak 100VS

After being attacked by a bat (smacked the face) and then hearded out by a tarantula from and earlier attempt, I finally stoked up enough courage after Voodoocat showed up to get back inside and do some flash work. Grossly overexposed with a yellow gel over the flash for the bedroom windows and a light purple for the front porch, I ended up with an alien abduction kinda theme.

Ranch-082804-F.jpg

Fuji 64T

A little bit of wide angle action (24mm) with the barn.

Ranch-082804-H.jpg

Fuji 64T

I showed up Saturday around 5pm, shot the magic hour between 6-7pm, shot an entire roll (36 exp) of Fuji 64T and 12 exposures on the Yashica until the sun started to come up. Then we loaded the AF SLR back up with some Kodak 100VS and did the sunrise thing Sunday morning.

Ranch-082804-I.jpg

Kodak 100VS

18 hours since departure (now awake for 27 hours), I finally made it home. Still have half a roll on the Yashica to finish off before I get to see what else I got but the take was good, the company that joined me at midnight was well appreciated (even if I can see his tripod in a few of my images :p but that's what photoshop is for) A return trip will be on the calander for later this year to do some better flash work from inside the houses and barn (anyone else wanna come?)

And just because it's the first time I've ever seen one in the wild, a snapshot was had...... Voodoocat got a better picture when the light was better as he found it before I did, as was evidenced by the boot prints all around by the time I showed up and Voodoo was already gone.

Tortoise.jpg

Sony digi P&S

Next month is going to be insane. A whole week of moonlight shots will be had as I'm taking the entire week off :cheer:

I really like the way #3 turned out. I wish i wouldn't have gotten the other side... it was side lit and way underexposed.

I'd say it was worth the sleep depravation for these results! I love the interesting textures and great colors you've captured here.

great serie, so you are really brave... close meeting with a bat... then with spider... uhggg...

Most reactions

New Topics

Back