From Illinios and new to forums in general. Hello! :)

16takes

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I started taking photos recreationally years ago (before digital) and my first real camera was a fully manual Fujica. I took a photography class in high school and enjoyed the darkroom process as well. I started buying darkroom equipment. Unfortunately my parents didn't embrace my passion and wouldn't even allow me to set up a temporary darkroom in the bathroom. Mom didn't like the chemical trays in the tub! I toted the equipment from place to place (every time I moved) hoping I'd eventually have my own home where I could make a permanent darkroom. Years later I did eventually buy my first house but digital was becoming more common so I sold all the stuff.
For me manually operating a camera that was mechanical was easier than manually operating a digital camera. But what a WONDERFUL WORLD IT IS NOT HAVING TO DEVELOPE FILM! Those of you that never knew film can't appreciate the freedom...not having to worry about how many frames you have left; not having to be conservative about the number of shots you take; wasted frames; accidentally opening the door exposing film, waiting to see your pictures, etc.
I love my Cannon PowerShot but I can't say that I take it out of Auto Mode much. Last year I bought a Nikon D90 so that I could change lenses. I'm having a hard time remembering the combination of buttons and dials to change settings. I am easily confused when switching back and forth between the two cameras. I'm experimenting in macro currently.
I do pretty well with various photo editing software although I don't use any one program to its full extent (sort of like my cameras). I love gardening and nature. I found the best way to display and show my photos is by creating actual bound books from a book service. I created two large landscape 160 page photo books on Blurb. I'm currently working on my third book. They are insainly expensive to buy but it beats printing hundreds of photos on my computer. The books are even more rediculous for others to purchase. I don't fanaticize about selling a single one, it's just part of the Blurb's service. If anyone is interested in seeing my photos, check out Inside My Garden | By Leah Grossnickle | Category: Home & Garden | Blurb or The Underside of Heaven | Book Preview ...just click on the ">" to open the book cover and then click on the page to turn it.
Anyway, I hope to learn a lot on this forum...as soon as I figure out how to use it! :blushing:

Welcome to the party!!!

Most reactions

Back