from the other half

fightheheathens

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
i got inspired to take some pictures of the tracks by my dorm room along with some hungarian money i got when i was in hungry. Out of Kenyan money, Euros, Forints(hungarian) US money and Canadian money, the Forint was the only coin i could get to balance on the rails. and for future reference, the top of railroad tracks are curved...

obviously not railroads, but it was near by and i liked it
firehydrent.jpg

the yellow fire hydrents of kalamazoo
Paint.jpg

light with setting sun.
light.jpg

red nail
nail.jpg

into the distance
tracks.jpg

1 hungarian Forint
forint.jpg

hungary is actually called Maygar(something i dont remember here) in Hungarian. its kinda like Deutschland being germany...
magyar.jpg

taken with my little point and shoot Canon A80 because i blew all my money developing film :lmao:...er :x

Amazing pictures! I love them all...

They are ALL quite fascinating, what with the setting sun you had a chance to capture in all of these photos, basking them in that typical golden light - mostly the corrosion photo and the rails are so colourful with this light!

What fascinates me most, though, is the reflection of the setting sun in that traffic light!

But I also quite like the way you captured those rails and your idea of placing a coin onto the rails, and for that to be a Hungarian one gives it something extra even :D. (I find it very, very normal that Germany is called Deutschland in my language... :lol: ).

And oh, are you and Skunkboy in the same place? He photographs buses out of order as of 5 p.m. - and in Kalamazoo, if I remember right!?!?!?

hmmmm maybe...kalamazoo bus's do stop at 5....

i always find it wierd when a countries people call themselves one thing, but everyone else calls them something else.

hungarians call their country Magyar but the rest of the world calls it some form of Hungary, why?

Germans call themselves Deutsch, but the rest of the world calls them Germans...why dont we all just call them Deutsch?

fightheheathens said:
Germans call themselves Deutsch, but the rest of the world calls them Germans...why dont we all just call them Deutsch?

Ah well, it is not as if "the rest of the world" called the Germans German.
The French call us Allemand/Allemande.
The Spanish call us alemano/alemana.
The Italians call us tedesco/tedesca (the "Deutsch" is hidden in that word)
The Dutch call us duits (the "Deutsch" is clearly to be seen in that word)
The Danish call us tysk (again you see the "Deutsch" somehow)
The Finnish call us saksa (the word "Saxons" hides in their name)... and so on.

Which does not make your photos and perspectives and ideas any less interesting :D :lol: :thumbsup:

Most reactions

New Topics

Back