Hello from South Dakota!

Willmus

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am currently a college student at South Dakota State University in Brookings South Dakota. My adventures have taken me from the Great Plains to the mountains to the deserts and forests with everything in between. My travels have inspired me to take up photography much more seriously.

Last year I bought a Nikon Coolpix L610 which has served me well as a point and shoot. For a back-up I've got a Vivitar which takes okay pictures in a pinch. Currently, I'm saving money to get a more intermediate camera that is either higher on the Coolpix series, or a basic DSLR. For now though I'm focusing on learning with what I have. I've always been interested in photography, but never bothered to take the time until recently. I'm currently getting into landscape, architecture, wildlife, and everyday life. My other areas of interest are railroads, transportation, and music.

Because my camera is simple, I've been relying on the environment to give me a good photo. Mostly I wait for the right light or movement to give me the greatest advantage. Hopefully, if I get a DSLR, I can start experimenting with shudderspeed, lens focus, and all the other "camera magic". I also plan to participate in this forum as much as I can in order to learn about photography, and possibly teach a few things myself in the future.

See you all around the forum!

--James

Hello and welcome aboard James...

Welcome to the site.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back