Frustrated uploading my pics to my site- part II

Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I don't know much about websites or the building of them. Can someone tell me why when I reduce the size of my photo, that it loses color?? I can understand quality being compromised.. I just don't get why the color is.

I have this pic
chistmas06JPG.jpg

when uploaded to my site has distortion in the form of oversharpness and overall bad quality.

so reduced to 800x600 pixels and 72 dpi comes out as this'
kevin-3.jpg

I don't know how well this will translate on this forum, but it is quite apparent on my website. What should/can I do besides switching to a new web hosting service which is not within my capabilities right now??

Thanks so much in advance for any advice!

what are you using to reduce them??? photoshop?? also, when you save them, I assume your using jpeg.. when you do that, there is a window that pops up that asks for quality... its default is usually medium, make sure you have it set to maximum.. but again, thats assuming you use PS

I would not know the different if I just look at anyone of these two pictures really. But cute baby is cute baby regardless of what the altered outcome. But yap the first one is more natural.

The issue may be how your browser renders color, compared to how PS or LR renders it.

I've not had this issue but try converting (not assigning) the image to the Adobe RGB 1998 profile, and see if that helps.

This might be a bit off topic but you need to get rid of the free web hosting, there are so many places to get hosting for less than $10 a month. Nothing screams amature like adds for dating sites at the top of your site.

Most reactions

Back