FS Nikon D60 w/free grip

Free bump this guy sounds like he knows his stuff. Very great deal I have a D3000 Wish i had 400.00 to send your way. Id take it off your hands.

If this is still around in a month, I'll definitely consider it. I think I recall seeing the D60 listed as a beginner DSLR camera.

What type of lenses do they use?

If this is still around in a month, I'll definitely consider it. I think I recall seeing the D60 listed as a beginner DSLR camera.

What type of lenses do they use?
The D60 uses the Nikon F-mount, like all Nikon's have since 1959. Besides Nikon, all the 3rd party lens makers provide F-mount versions of their lenses.

Like all Canon dSLR cameras, the D60 does not have a focus motor in the body.

So, to auto focus you would need lenses that have a focus motor in them.

In Nikon's lens lineup that would mean lenses designated as AF-S or AF-I. (example: AF-S 18-55 mm f/3.5-5.6G)

A lens only designated as AF will not auto focus on a D60. (example: AF 24-85 mm f/2.8-4D) That never held me back and I had several AF designated lenses. I just manually focused them.

Most of the lenses in Nikon's current lineup, from entry-level lenses to Pro lenses, are AF-S lenses. AF-I lenses are older lenses, are found on the used lens market, and depending on your needs can be a real bargain.

hello KmH im glad to hear all the old lenses fit this model. I am just starting off in photography and my father has tons of old film equipment and offered all his lenses to me. Need less to say i am very interested can you email me with all the information? At [email protected]

Email sent. :thumbup: Your dad's older lenses will fit and you can make images with them, but that doesn't mean they will have all the modern functions like auto focus when used on the D60. Like I said above, that never stopped me, I just manually focused.

Most reactions

Back