Fudge

Tuna

Fotoğrafçı
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Fudge.jpg

I kinda feel like its too busy for a b/w photo. Also, your dead in the middle. I dont know if i should be looking at the neat bench, the old style store or the older lady on the left.

I like it very much.
Except for the reflection of the chevy truck. It's completley out of place in this old, small town main street kinda feel.

It might be just me but I think I look at pictures totally different than majority of people on here. I dont so much search for the focus point but look at the whole picture overall to tell me a story.
And this one does.

I dont know if this way of looking at pictures is just personal preference or something I need to learn how to do (find a focal point) in my own pictures.

I really like this one. Wonderful tones, and I like the composition. I don't find it busy, instead I find much of interest in it. "Time passing by" is what it says to me. Beautiful work as always, Tuna.

I like it a lot, although the reflections kind of bug me. The tones are really nice, though. :thumbup:

I was going to say the same thing about how much I like this but the truck reflection messes me up. I know why you left it in there though cause it is cool and it seems a shame to lose it! Neat reflection. If you take out the truck I think this picture would be perfect.

Aesthetically, to me, this image is mostly about "Americana" and (for me) a Chevrolet (or Ford) pickup is iconic in it's representation of Americana. Technically, I am a sucker for layering and one of my favorite methods to add a layer to my images is to use a reflection or reflections. So, to have the reflection work in those two ways was an attraction to me when conceiving the capture.

Later, in post-processing I found the natural separation of the image into three solid segments from left to right (via verticals) added a compositional plus as well and, for me, worked to strengthen the image - helping me to decide to finish it (and to post it).

For comparison sake, I am posting a cropped version along with the original.

Tuna

FudgeCROP.jpg

Fudge.jpg

I read, "Fudge, by Tuna," and thought, "That looks good. I want some." Then I read the photo: "Old lady, shopping (bag), coffee, jelly, and candy." Yum!

I like this photo, and prefer the uncropped version. Though the initial message (reading the bench) was the first thing I focused on, after that my eyes were all over "reading" the image. There is a lot to look at, and that's part of what makes it compelling. I can see how the truck and the woman are sharing space and how they are both subjects here. The truck balances the shot, and I agree the shot resonates with the theme of Americana. It might be an unfamiliar approach to some people, but for whatever it's worth, it works for me. I also really like the way it's framed, with a little bit of the siding and ceiling on the top, matched by a slightly thicker bottom of parking lot and sidewalk. Great composition.

I do like the image. However I think you could crop even tighter. Personally I don't need to see the white part above the lightbulbs. This would also help that the bench and the lady are not centered (vertically).

Well, I have been in this thread when only the uncropped version was out and I thought, hey, this Tuna has such a fine eye, mostly so for layers!
BUT, this acknowledged, I still did not like the modern-ness of the Chevrolet, although, after having read all that is meanwhile new to this thread, I do see why you wanted to include it.

Now we can see your cropped and your uncropped version and to my mind the cropped (which would get a further cropping, if it were mine: bright part above would go, plus street up to the curb) is "denser".

I acknowledge and appreciate all your planning and composing this, the three vertical thirds, the additional layer, the "Americana" element, but I LIKE the cropped version better.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back