Fun with lazer pointer

zedin

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Well I haven't tried doing this since I did B&W back in school but figured with my new digital can't lose anything for trying. So I got out my little lazer pointer and had some fun with a tissue paper rose I had made a few years ago to see what I can do. Still need practice to get the pic right (and a cable release.. 30sec is too short for all the painting).

rose.jpg

looks cool... but remember to be careful with lasers...if you shoot digital... they can harm your sensor

How can they harm the sensor? If you point laser directly at lens or just using it for fun like that.

You shouldn't have any issues at all just illuminating things with it, however they produce quite a lot of energy and pointing it directly into the camera could well cause the CCD bits to overheat which could lead to pixels dying. It's not likely that this would be a problem (IMO) for what you're doing, but I wouldn't advise taking head-on shots.

Here's some info:
http://www.repairfaq.org/sam/lasersaf.htm
(they seem almost to recommend viewing lasers via video and digital cameras though! search for CCD on the page)

Rob

Most reactions

Back