Fun with lights

Hooker771

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Im just now getting into some different long exposure techniques and looking for examples on flickr, google, etc. Im trying some stuff on my own and will figure this out soon. Here are my latest light creations. Let me know if there are techniques that you like to use that I could use in the future.

Cardinals Power
Camera:Canon EOS Digital Rebel XSExposure:159Aperture:f/10.0Focal Length:18 mmISO Speed:100Exposure Bias:0 EVFlash:Off, Did not fire

4169954907_43025fa03f.jpg

Future Rock Star
4170712874_4e2d3444e3.jpg

Obvious
4169952151_d287a618e3.jpg

Daily grind
4169955867_aa26b32609.jpg

Last edited:
Very cool... i especially like #2 and #3...

how did you do the first few? i am guessing you used bulb but what created the lights..

Ok. First I like what you are doing. Never tried it but it looks like fun. I really like the guitar pic as a silhouette, but I have an Idea about the angel pic. (and it's just a thought as my imagination far outweighs my experience)

I think it might be cool to try to somehow use a low power flash or other light source at an angle (maybe with a snoot?) at the end of the exposure so that it only lights the person while keeping the background a clean black and doesn't mess up the light painting.

Don't know if that makes sense to you... I see it in my mind but it's hard to put my visions into words sometimes.

(and yes I know... I've been reading too much strobist lately)

Pharmakon, im not real sure what you are talking about but I dont have a flash right now anyway, and ive never read strobist. I am very new to all this! Anyway, I used a small LED light and simply waved it as fast as I could behind my 5 year old son with the exposure on 30 seconds. Had he stayed perfectly still it would of worked better (but he is 5). The Orb was much longer and I added the exif data above. I tied the LED on a string and started swinging. Try to hit the same spot on the floor each time. I used the helmet as reference, ive got a great idea for the next one (if it works.)

Think Atlas

Thats Great ^^

Im thinking about getting some action figures with their arms up looking like they are holding that orb up. I wonder how many times it takes me to swing that thing that fast and many times without knocking the guy over.

Here are a couple more all 30 sec exp

With a mirror on the ground.

4170351673_40e56a77cd.jpg

The RObot (1970's style)

4170351413_70fea47820.jpg

Doc Oc
4171110496_4205de1291.jpg

Most reactions

Back