ahphotography

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.amandahutchinson.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hey All-

I have the opportunity to sign a contract with a local funeral home. Each funeral would have a DVD slide show with about 20 - 60 images and a song... other options that could be added on would be to do photography and/or videography at the actual funeral. My question is what would you charge and how would you do it?

The break down would be:

1. How much for each individual DVD slide show with the option to add extra copies (for a fee??)

2. How much for photography

3. How much for videography

Got any ideas??

Love your help!

for information about pricing go to www.memoryvision.tv and download the brochure in the left column of the funeral page.
Also, check out EventDV magazine. Do a search for funerals and you will get a lot of information.

Wow I would have never thought someone would want a funeral photographed let alone video.

It is a celebration of somebody's life. The French even go in for photos of the corpse. It used to be commonplace to have a corpse photo in most families as people normally only thought of a photo after somebody had died.

Wow I would have never thought someone would want a funeral photographed let alone video.

I understand where you're comin' from. Me personally wouldn't want anything like that. It use to be really common to have a photograph of the body back in the day. My mom has several family member's photos. :no smile:

The director told me it was more a rare event, mostly a high profile kind of person in order to have that done... but everyone wants a dvd tribute.

for information about pricing go to www.memoryvision.tv and download the brochure in the left column of the funeral page.
Also, check out EventDV magazine. Do a search for funerals and you will get a lot of information.

Thanks for the information! - That really helps me out a bunch! :)

I understand where you're comin' from. Me personally wouldn't want anything like that. It use to be really common to have a photograph of the body back in the day. My mom has several family member's photos. :no smile:

The director told me it was more a rare event, mostly a high profile kind of person in order to have that done... but everyone wants a dvd tribute.

I could understand a DVD tribute, but I didn't expect photos taken at a funeral. I've seen plenty of pictures at the funeral of the persons life, so the DVD make sense.

No judgements from me, just was surprised.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back