Funky Whoa Sculpture

DigitalDiva

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Today I went to an outdoor exhibition. Yeah, I know what you're thinking (YAWN! NEXT!) But WAIT! This is intense stuff by sculpture artists from Italy, France, USA, Germany, Czech Republic and of course here in The Netherlands. It was a rainy and gray day here. I think it added something. What do you think?

This is one of a series of sculptures that sat on wires like this as if they were tighrope walkers. CRAZY stuff! All in the series were bodies, either male or female.

oisterwijk%20(9)%20large.jpg

This artist carves the most stunningly beautiful glass. In fact, all of the glass there was jaw-dropping. I'm not big on sculpture, but this stuff made me think twice.

oisterwijk%20(55)%20large.jpg

oisterwijk%20(58)%20large.jpg

The EXPO must have been great, thanks for sharing some photos....the first lets the imagination to run wild.

Nice captures. Got more?

Hi, PNA. Thanks for commenting. It feels a bit strange, photographing art and making it my own. Here's a link to all of the photos that I edited. I was working in strange conditions. Rain and at times intense sunlight (for instance oisterwijk (17) which is in my link below) has really blown out areas and I wish they didn't but I had to get the photos and run. The backgrounds were really challenging to work with, too, as there were lots of people milling about. I did take photos of the exhibition with people in the background, but that is more documentary and I'm definitely more in the Fine Art side of things.

If you want to view more, I'd be honoured. They are located here:

http://homepage.mac.com/youbrokegravity/sculpture/PhotoAlbum105.html

The first 3 images are a larger size because I think they are the best images out of the group.

Nice images, I like the glass carvings. I would have incresed the DOF on the last one to really get everything tack sharp.

Nice images, I like the glass carvings. I would have incresed the DOF on the last one to really get everything tack sharp.

Yeah. I didn't have my DSLR with me. DOH!!! This was with my 6MP Casio point and shoot. For what I had, I did my best. I didn't expect to get anything really decent with the cruddy weather.

That's a pretty good capture for a P+S. Nicely done :)

Cool !!

I like the 2nd and 3rd ones !!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back