Gådoktjåhkkå and Rapadalen (Sarek region)

Alex_B

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Rapadalen (Rapa valley) in Lapland with Gådoktjåhkkå in the background and Ridok in the foreground.

Rapadalen is the home of Europe's largest elks (largest moose for you US people), brown bears, eagles, Arctic foxes, and lots of other smaller animals.

BW_4866.jpg

Actually, I am not too happy with it as I wish I had done the shot wider.

Just out of curiosity, how did you keep track of what shots were taken where? Especially with those wickedly long place names (like Gådoktjåhkkå, Doaresoajvve, Avtsusjvagge etc etc).

Just out of curiosity, how did you keep track of what shots were taken where? Especially with those wickedly long place names (like Gådoktjåhkkå, Doaresoajvve, Avtsusjvagge etc etc).

Lol, if you have to navigate in that region, you have maps and a compass. I know where I was on which day, and looking which direction. You move slowly as you walk in this vast countryside, sometimes one mountain is to your right for 2 days while you walk. Hence you will remember the name. Or if you set up camp for several nights, you will also memorise the place and the name.

Those which are forgotten, I can just look up on the maps.

And Gådoktjåhkkå is one of the large peaks in the Sarek massif region, where I travelled often (not just this year). 4 years ago, I was almost drowning in the mud and swamps down there in Rapadalen, being eaten alive by mosquitos ... you do not forget such places ;)

Most reactions

Back