Galaxy Camera

mdelosrey

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Hi, I found this store on Ebay and was wondering if anyone has purchased from them. They seem legitimate and have pretty good deals. I searched this forum and it seems no one has mentioned them before. I am thinking of purchasing this item: EOS 50D Body + 18-200mm IS/ 580EX II Flash/ BG-E2N Grip - eBay (item 130279107580 end time Feb-01-09 12:40:07 PST)

Please tell me what you guys think. Thanks in advance. Sorry if this is in the wrong section.

P.S. They have 100% rating.

-Mike

:er:

Soooo, anywho...I thought you said you were going to "buy locally," after people pointed out that Prophotonation (or whatever it was) was likely a scam site. Now you're looking at Galaxy Camera on eBay? (And before you were looking at an $800 Nikon -- you're switching to a $2000 Canon?)

Look, I'm assuming good faith...and that you're just "looking for gear in all the wrong places"...but, if so, come on man, go over to B&H or Adorama and quit worrying about whether your camera shop is going to rob you. If you're sitting there doubting whether you're dealing with honest people...you're probably not dealing with honest people.

this store is legit... I live down the street from the brick and mortar store and have been in there once or twice, and they are fairly well stocked, and they are a foto source location (see here: Foto Source Canada Inc.: Welcome )

I'll second Smyth's response. I have been in the store and chatted with the staff.

Very knowledgeable.

They are using ebay as an alternative marketing tool to help them compete with the big box stores, as they are a small, one store shop.

Yeah, I found Galaxy Camera on ebay as well and I'm wondering if there is a catch. The deals are giving don't quite raise the red flags of some obvious bait and switch ops but how is it that they call sell a D700 for $200-300 less than B&H and Adorama? Is that $300 dollars going to cost me anything? And they list it with a 2year warranty from "Nikon Canada"... is that any different than a USA warranty? Thanks for the help everyone!

...they list it with a 2year warranty from "Nikon Canada"... is that any different than a USA warranty? Thanks for the help everyone!

Yep, you'll have to send it back to Canada for service, or get approval from Nikon Canada for 'out of country' service, should it be required.

And pay the brokerage and duty fees, as it crosses the border, twice?

Nikon USA won't touch gear without a USA serial number, not even for paid repairs, so like tirediron says ypur only option for warranty work would be in Canada.

You could get paid work done at any other authorized Nikon repair facility in the US though.

And pay the brokerage and duty fees, as it crosses the border, twice?

Nikon USA won't touch gear without a USA serial number, not even for paid repairs, so like tirediron says ypur only option for warranty work would be in Canada.

You could get paid work done at any other authorized Nikon repair facility in the US though.

Shouldn't be any duty on warranty items (since you're not actually buying anything), but you'd likely have to prove that the gear you send in is the gear you get back, and you could get charged duty on the purchase value when it crosses the border and have to fight with HM Customs / US Customs to get it refunded.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back