• Poll closed .

LaFoto

Just Corinna in real life
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Now that everyone's got their 2007-calendars in hand, with the little extra ones for 2008 at the back, who has already marked the week of 24 - 31 May 2008 and is therefore taking into account the possibility and desire to come to THE biggest, most international, longest TPF meet-up this forum has ever seen (or will see, that is) ?!?!?

This is no definite saying "Yes, I come" or "No, I won't come" - I realise that it is still too early for anyone to really KNOW.

But who is working towards coming, by making sure they'll have time off and maybe by putting a bit of money to the side for the event? Hands up (just so I know what I MIGHT expect, and what things I can investigate in with regards to excursions and "adventures" ;)).

I will elaborate a little more; you deserve it.

We will have to see where my wife is in her career closer to that time. She is currently taking courses and working her little heart out towards her residency.

I just know she would be heartbroken if I went to Germany without her, as she loves Germany. (she's Polish, has been there briefly, and had studied German as her third language a long time ago)

In other words, if we are in a position to go with regards to her career, we will go. If it would just be me, I would regretfully have to say thank you so much for the effort, but it wouldn't be fair to my wife.

I was concerned about the expense, but you have allowed plenty of time to save money, and have offered to find ways to save money on lodging too. That isn't really an excuse.

Thank you for all this effort, Corinna. It will probably go unmatched for quite a long time. I have never encountered it on any other forum I frequent.

Thank you also for toning down the colors in your signature with regards to this event. :D

I'm planning/hoping to go and will visit my relatives too while there. Sounds like a blast.
german.gif

I'm hoping to go but I have three issues.

Parental permission.
Money.
School.

I really really really want to come. :)

I may also need to find a "travel buddy" on here if the family doesn't come.

uhm ... what is this "You may not vote on this poll" :p

Hmm, maybe my command of the German language is too poor to vote.. or participate ;)

How come you may not vote?
You are kidding, aren`t you?
You MAY vote, of course ... or not !?!?!? :scratch:

I believe there was some maintenance going on that may have affected voting in the poll. If it's still not working, try back after bit...you should be able to vote. :)

I believe there was some maintenance going on that may have affected voting in the poll. If it's still not working, try back after bit...you should be able to vote. :)

works now :)

option 1 and 3 aren't really too different...
but yes i will be definitely coming (as in 95% probability) is missing as an option

Things are looking very cloudy here in my camp at the moment, i'm deciding on going to Uni and doing this degree in sound engineering - it goes for 2 years :p that or keep hacking away at the job market.

If it comes to it i'll rob a bank or something. :lol:

Ian ... you must take a break at some point in time! Even when you study sound engineering! You said you'd be my Australian back-up and do some organising for our Australian folk from there! Plus my friend Andrea will be thoroughly disappointed if in the end she can NOT be host to a 24-year-old from Newcastle/Australia (where she has been when she was your age), something she is already looking forward to!

(In how far you might be looking forward to staying with a family of six - hopefully, then - two teenagers and two toddlers - one of who is yet to be born any day now - is the question, but Andrea, the mother of three and mother-to-be of the fourth is VERY much looking forward to accomodating you! ;))

Hmm... seeing as I just realized I would actually be out of school at that time next year - it is becoming very tempting as I was hoping to do some travelling around Europe next summer. :) I will be keeping tabs on this thread.

Edit: then again - I might be close enough to Germany to run around it quickly during the summer. My cousin who was living in Italy met a girl from Germany a few months ago and are planning on being wed this summer. Excellent :) (Corinna - do you want to come translate between the bride and grooms families? ;))

(Corinna - do you want to come translate between the bride and grooms families? ;))

From English into Italian?
Ah no, you say the girl's German and they MET in Italy?
I could, but can't the bride-to-be also help?
(Most Germans speak English, anyway)

And hey, it would be ever so cool if you could make it here in time for the Meet-Up! End of May IS the beginning of summer, anyway (unless our seasons shift so much that by then we'll only just be leaving winter, seeing as winter refuses to arrive even in the third week of January :roll: ...)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back