Getting a camera

Michael

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
I'm looking for a camera that produces great close proximity shots. I only really take close shots, and I'm looking for the cheapest, most effective camera. Any suggestions?

Digital or film? How close? How much money are you willing to spend? Lots of unanswered questions. As the saying goes, "you get what you pay for".

Good point, I'm basically willing to spend anything up to £300. I'd prefer a digital camera, and my macro shots should be pretty close, up to 1-3cm.

Macro capabilities are one aspect that a lot of cheaper point & shoot digital cameras excel at.

You can look up specs (including minimum focus distance) for most digital cameras at www.dpreview.com

dont get an SLR if you dont have much money, cause youll probs have to fork out a bit for a macro lens, get a nice small compact, or SLR like digital camera...

I recently bought a DSLR with a 14-45mm (28-105mm equivalent) lens by Olympus. It is the Evolt E-300. An incredible camera for the money! The kit cost me $466.00 S & H included! You will be amazed at what you can do with this camera...check it out on the web.

If you wouldn't mind shooting film, Yashica used to make a camera called a Dental Eye. It was made for dental close ups, and they are getting cheaper. They used to cost hundreds but now you can find them on e-bay cheap if you just wait for one to come around. I have seen them go as cheap as 50.00 to 75.00 dollars and as high as several hundred. Another thing that I am looking at is tubes. You can attach them between your camera body and lens. You can use any lens in the bag for close ups. They are way cheaper than a lens and produce very good close ups....
cosmo

Oh yeah, The dental eye camera also has a ring flash built into the end of the lens, that by itself would be great for close ups in low light...
Cosmo

Most reactions

Back