Getting back into it...

ittybittypilot

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hello!

I lost my camera and equipment in my divorce and just recently replaced most of it. I'm now getting back into photography. I took many many courses in high school and college, and I have a special interest in vintage "style" (using modern equipment to take "vintage" photos I mean), or special effects....and NOT using editing software to do so. Was much easier back in my 35mm/darkroom days, but not I want to challenge myself and just play. :)

I have a Nikon D60 which I LOVE and I still feel is more camera than I will ever need as a hobbiest.

I'm finding how that I am having to re-learn so much that I have forgotten! A little frustrating, but actually kinda fun to get back to basics again. And after 10 years there is so much more technology, techniques, and accessories!

Professionally I'm a licensed veterinary technician and after 25 years I now mostly train new technicians at our teaching hospital. I am a part-time commercial helicopter pilot and I have done my fair share of photo flights with professional photographers.

I also breed and show Basenjis, and seasonally I condition/rehab horses.

Excited to meet new photography friends!

Sandy

Welcome to TPF, Sandy! The Pacific Northwest has somne very photogenic outdoor locations...the Cascade Range, the Oregon coast, Puget Sound, the various volcanic peaks (Ranier,Baker,Hood,Jefferson), the wilderness areas and national forest areas, and so on. Plus, lots of people to photograph.

There's plenty of learning resources available on the web and YouTube, plus forums. I hope you have a fun time with the newly-acquired equipment.

Welcome Sandy, and good to hear you have started back with your photography.

Derrel, I know I am soooooooooooo spoiled having grown up here in the Willamette Valley. I'm currently living closer to the coast and I'm in visual heaven (albeit wet!).

And this is insane wine country. Napa has nuthin' on this grapey heaven.

Once I get the time to get out and start playing again (home recovering from a really hard work week), I'm sure I'll have more questions and challenges.

Most reactions

Back